Join us for the Techbridge Summer Institute, July 30 - August 1, 2014, in Oakland, CA.
The Institute focuses on the development of STEM educators and offers strategies and curriculum for engaging girls. We will explore science, technology and engineering through inquiry-based activities.
Techbridge's experienced staff will guide you through:
• Recruiting and engaging girls in a STEM program
• Training on Techbridge's hands-on curriculum for grades 5-12
• Planning field trips and visits with role models
• Supporting family outreach
• Developing STEM facilitation skills
• Integrating career exploration into your programming
Earn 2 CEUs - Participants can register for 2 Continuing Education Units (CEU) through California State University East Bay.
Who should come? Teachers, after-school program staff, museum educators, youth development leaders, and any others interested in promoting girls in STEM.
"This is the best workshop I've ever been to. It's nice to see good teaching practices used in a workshop rather than just talking about them." "Your summer institute was one of the best that I've attended. The curriculum that you've developed over the years was thoughtfully designed and you really delivered a nice overview of the program over the three day period."